The best things growing at our house are the kids. Here's Jeremy in the apple tree and with his Grandpa Goates. Josh is with his date for MORP (a twist on prom, the girls ask the guys). The theme was 'Heroes', so Josh went as Indiana Jones thanks to a hat from his cousin and an old leather jacket from DI.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
My New, and Old, Sandbox
Diana asked for some pictures of our yard, so I thought I'd post them on the blog. Last summer, Rob increased the size of our driveway and my 'sandbox' to play in. I bought a few new plants for my new play area, but for the most part, I just divided up perrennials and grasses that I already had elsewhere in the yard and brought them over. Perennials are really easy to share, and most of mine are big enough to share, so if you'd like some, come see me soon - if not now, then in the fall.

The garden behind the pond and bench have a couple of hostas from a friend and a few more from elsewhere in the yard, a deep red clematis that was around the corner of the house, a striped grass from out back and a new 'Lion's Head' japanese maple.

My twisted, weeping cherry tree is all done blooming. We planted pink tulips in a ribbon out front and around the cherry tree. They didn't all come up to make a good ribbon, but the ones that did pop up were sure pretty.
The most spectacular blooms now are on my white tree peony. I also have a small magenta one and another that's pink (in the background). There are two more in the yard that aren't blooming this year, but they did survive the move. Next summer should bring even more blooms.
The birds love the pond. A pair of ducks spent a week or two hanging out here. We were happy to have them until they started leaving a mess in the pond. Thankfully they decided to nest somewhere else. We haven't seen them for a while. In the early morning, the hummingbirds even stop by for a drink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your garden is gorgeous! I have request for you, can you send me the email that your blog is linked to, because I'm going to make my blog private and if I add your email address to our list it will allow you to be able to view it still! you can send it to karissa.klei@aggiemail.usu.edu
thank you!
-Karissa
Your yard is beautiful. You do a great job with your sandbox!
Post a Comment